Friday, December 28, 2007

12/28/07 Took Lynna to Kaiser for her appointment with Dr Grau. She is doing better & finally recovering from her bronchitis. Dr. Grau ordered some lab tests for her so we can fast & come in together next week. I can have my tests done at the same time & then we'll get breakfast in Salem.

When we got home, I received a phone call from Mike Faught of Stayton Public Works regarding our permit. Stayton has a high priority to improve 10th St (frontage of our property) which means my agreement to share in costs is a condition to issue the permit. His review found there was a non-remonstrance agreement signed by the city & the Freres family when they subdivided the property. I knew about the agreement as it was disclosed in the title search, so he didn't have to explain it.

Mike says Stayton will abide by the agreement and will not require us to do the improvements at this time but there will be a LID soon. The only remaining issue is the fire code. It requires me to install a fire hydrant or amend my plans to include a fire suppression sprinkler system and Stayton will issue my permits.

I called Chris Trussel of Marion County to get details of the process to amend my plans & whether I could satisfy them with a partial system. Of course I got his voice mail & when I tried to get another plans examiner got another VM. Everybody must still be out for the holidays.

This afternoon we met with Dave Roys & approved his landscape design. Lynna & I both like what he did to give us a plan that used all the plants we brought from Olympia. It should be low maintenance & has a pathway throughout that gives good access for the tractor.

No comments: