Friday, September 12, 2008






I finally got the corner cabinets set correctly in the kitchen, then moved on to the four bathrooms and the laundry room. When I finished those tasks, I came back to the kitchen where I installed the dishwasher and fit the trim pieces around it.
Sunday we took both dogs & the cat in to a clinic in Salem for their annual vaccinations. Had to stand in line a long time but they did me proud & were the best behaved dogs there. Peaches was happy to have all the socializing with people and animals, Sunny found some kids to give him lots of petting and the cat just watched all the little toy dogs that were his size.


Monday morning our electrician called to let me know they had a day available & did we want them to do some finish work on our house? Yes! They showed up about 9 AM, worked until early evening and managed to install all the plugs & switches (except for my basement workshop where I still only have two lights & two outlets). They made an enormous mess throughout the house and left a huge pile of empty boxes, food containers, etc. in the corner of our garage. We spent the most of Tuesday cleaning it all up.


Wednesday Phil from Custom Counters spent all day making templates for the Corian counter tops. He also noticed a couple places where our expensive kitchen sink had manufacturing defects. The brushed aluminum finish was flawed on the lower left and on the center divider. We had to make a trip to Salem to return the sink & the dealer is trying to get another one, if they can't find one quickly enough, we may be shopping again. I had arranged for Jorge to come Saturday & clean up the travel trailer so we could put it up for sale but he showed up Thursday morning saying he had no work that day & asking if could he do the job early? This was fine by me, except it meant I had to run down to the hardware store to get supplies for him then stop by the bank to get cash for his pay.


I have been spending Saturdays working on the landscaping, mostly tractor work so far and sometimes mowing the lawn of our rental.


I started laying flooring in the West bathroom and then moved to the family room. Things went slowly at first as I had to get the first course down really straight and also unhook the vent pipe and move the heavy gas heater aside. I made good progress and managed to find time to ride my bike downtown and get a haircut.


I had my last appointment with the doctor and he was pleased with the new bone growth in my left arm and the strength I had regained. The months of physical therapy helped restore most of the range of movement I had before the break as far as reaching out to the side & upwards, but I am still doing therapy on reaching behind, as I can only just touch my left hip pocket. I still have some shoulder pain & difficulty sleeping the whole night.

No comments: