Thursday, April 23, 2009
















The weather has been sunny & I was able to have a couple of bike rides & a haircut. Monday I returned the left over fence parts for credit then hung the closet door in our small bath & tidied up my workshop. I spent a day pulling a lot of big weeds from the North yard, then sprayed all the remaining weeds in our yard. Tim came today & put an acid wash, then sealer on our new sidewalk and the West & South porches. The Fumes are still pretty heavy but it sure looks good.


Back when I purchased our Maple flooring, the seller gave me an old glass door complete with some neat, vintage brass handles & super heavy, 5" hinges. We had framed a 2nd door opening for it from the front entry into our den. This lets us access the closet for guest's coats. But the County made us frame that wall with 2x6 studs, leaving a wall too thick to use the 1x6 fir so I bought some 1x8 from Frere's Lumber today, made the door jambs & got the hinge side up.

No comments: