Thursday, April 21, 2011

Catching Up

It has been a very long time since my last post. I let the "Tyranny of the Urgent" take over and just went from one day to the next. With the passage of time, much progress has been made & I am going to try to briefly bring the Blog up to date.

My June 2009 post shows the installation of our built in vacuum system. I had installed the outlets during framing but still had to hang the vacuum in the garage then get under the house to assemble the piping manifold system & connect up the low voltage wiring.

The next project was to install & plumb the baseboard radiators for our hot water heating system. We passed our final inspection with only the Jotul & Vermont Castings gas stoves for heat & only had the boiler operating for the indirect hot water heater. I had designed a good main system & wanted everything in & operating before Fall.

I cleared some space in my basement workshop & setup an assembly line to prep for installation through the flooring. After all the radiators were in place, I went back under the house & soldered up the copper pipe. My system design included separate zones for the Main Living space, Master Bedroom, West Bedrooms & Upstairs Bonus Room.

For some reason, the "add photo" option isn't operating, so I'll add photos later

No comments: