Tuesday, April 1, 2008

More Roof






It was 25F when the crew started work this morning. The South & East sides that were sheeted yesterday had a nice white coat of frost and the wet floors inside had frozen again so everything was slippery. Ron & Bert proceeded to put the sheeting down on the west side of the Garage and house. They were careful to only walk on the new sheets which weren't slippery. Later in the day, I met with two different subs to get bids for venting our freestanding gas stoves, the boiler, the cooktop and dryer. It warmed up quickly this morning and was quite nice (60F) by the afternoon. John's crew had lost about 1/2 day dealing with some truss problems, so I rode my bicycle down to Freres Lumber to see if we could get some compensation from BJ's Truss Co. Dan was agreeable & told me to have John turn in a bill for the time. On my ride home, I stopped by the Hardware store to pick up a new drive belt for our riding mower. Tomorrow, Logan is coming back to dig the last part of the electric trench. Pacific Power will be shutting off the electricity while he digs. I'm getting my generator out tonight so John can keep working. Unfortunately, I will have to move some of the Maple flooring out of the way.

No comments: