Thursday, February 5, 2009





























We have been very busy during the run up to our moving day on February 10th. Lynna has moved some utensils & pans into her new kitchen and we are transporting boxes up every day. Saturday we made a trip into Salem for shelving supplies and I picked up my saws from Western Tool. While I was unstrapping everything, John, my framer & next door neighbor, walked up to see if I needed help. I was using my tractor to unload everything but John is a former Collegiate wrestler & his strength made everything go smoothly. Soon the 500 pound saw was sitting in the shop. I had to make up a power cord, then re-installed/aligned the fence & extension table to get it operational & cut the shelving.
There was some 4.5 % mortgage money available, so we decided to recover a portion of the $$ we poured into our new home and did a 50 day lock. This has meant spending phone time with the County and our bank as Oregon enacted a standardized occupancy permit effective 4/1/2008. The Washington bank wants us to provide an OP but our permit was issued 1/3/2008 and the new law requires the County to use the prior process where they only provide a copy of the inspection record showing sign off on the final inspection. I worked through the bureaucracy and obtained statements explaining the intricacies of Oregon law and a "Certificate of Final Approval" which should satisfy the financial gnomes.
The Daly's finish coat dried to a semi-matte finish that Lynna likes so we didn't need any burnishing. I moved on to installing shelving in the pantry & linen closet. The pantry shelves are joined with a rabetted joint and I had to make a template for the odd shape of our Master Bath linen closet. The angled cuts on both ends match pretty well. Some of the other bedroom closets also have angled side walls that will require the same approach.

No comments: