Wednesday, January 28, 2009
















Monday Blaine, the Marion County inspector, came by to check our final inspection corrections and everything passed. He signed off & we are approved to move in. Lynna had two moving companies out for estimates & it won't be very expensive since it's a local move with no milage charges.




We decided to put another finish coat on our floors as neither of us liked the matte finish. I vacuumed, mopped & went over everything with a tack rag to get them as clean as possible, then put on a light coat of Daly's oil floor finish. It looks pretty good but may have too much gloss, so we might rent a floor polisher to buff it some and (hopefully) end up with a semi-gloss finish.




We picked up Lynna's cabinet doors from the shop that installed the glass and I hung them this morning before I put the finish coat on the Kitchen, Nook & Family Room.




My Bosch mitre saw has been showing its age. The motor takes about 10 seconds to get up to speed and if I cut to soon, the blade will stop. Also, the shut-off brake doesn't stop the blade very well any more. It can be overhauled, but doesn't have the laser cutting guide like the new models, so we made another trip to Western Tool. They just closed some stores & are selling excess inventory at fire sale prices. I found a brand new Hitachi 12" mitre saw for less than I paid for the Bosch 15 years ago. I had also been watching a General cabinet saw that was a marked down display model from another store. It had been in the clearance room since before Christmas & the price was down another $500 since our last visit. At $1,000 off their regular price, it was just to good a buy to pass up. I bought both & asked if they could hold them until I have time to pick everything up. Now I have to clean up my old saws & sell them along with the Stanley floor stapler and the old Emglo air compressor.

No comments: