Saturday, May 24, 2008

West Siding






Friday Mike, Dennis & Phillip began their day by hanging the South bathroom door and the West entry door. Unfortuantely I wasn't up at the site yet and they installed the wrong door in the West entry. It is hinged for the garage. It looks great though & will only take a few minutes to switch it. The had to work in rain most of the day but managed to finish the West side with only the soffit & under roof area remaining.
Thursday, the inspector passed my framing corrections and the insulation shields I installed around the heater vent pipes so Friday I installed the main floor built in vacuum outlets while Lynna did some clean up outside. She was disappointed when the siders failed to clean up before they went home for the weekend, as she wants me to do some back fill with the tractor and the trim piles might be in my way. We are almost ready for sheetrock so I will call Jose on Monday.
The roofer needs to come back & put on one more vent pipe flashing, fix the flashing in the valley between the garage & North roof, then carry down the left over shingle bundles and a set of safety stops he left on the East garage roof. He was a no show for the last appointment so I called him again but had to just leave a message.

No comments: