Wednesday, June 11, 2008





Monday and Tuesday were busy days. The sheetrock for our ceilings was delivered & it filled the front of our garage. I worked on completing a few corrections to the bonus room heat piping & moving stuff out of the house so it would be ready for sheetrock. Monday night Lynna & I went to a city council meeting where they were deciding whether to go forward with a street improvement LID that would result in a $150,000 to $170,000 assessment against our property. Many of our neighbors were there and 100% of them opposed the LID. We prevailed & the project has been cancelled. Instead they decided to add a paved shoulder from the hospital down 10th to the city core. Cost will be $9,000 & they have the funds in their maintenance budget.


Tuesday at 6:15 AM, I was in the back yard with Peaches (lab mix dog), when I saw movement in the garage. Two fellows were lugging the sheetrock into the house. They had been working almost an hour and had made a good start on the big stack of drywall.
I had to drive to Salem for a Catscan of my shoulder which hopefully will confirm the Dr's decision for no surgery. Seems there are several fragments broken off, not just one. He thinks everything will knit itself back OK without pins but wants the scan for a better look.
Late Tuesday I was able to put a coat of Danish oil on the front door and I had done the French doors in the family & living rooms on Monday. This should give them them some protection from dirty handprints & make cleanup easier should they get any drywall mud on them.

No comments: