Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Garage Doors






The garage door people had called late Monday to let us know they could come Tuesday if we were ready for them, so we said come ahead. They had just arrived & were unloading our door panels when Eduardo, the sheetrock foreman arrived followed closely by a Stayton police car. Seems he thought he saw Eduardo driving without a seatbelt but I could see he had the belt on as he pulled into our driveway & it was hard to miss. I have never seen him drive unfastened. The cop talked to him a while then wrote him up & said he could tell his side at traffic court. Pretty high handed I thought & wondered if it had been me, would he have apologized & gone on his way?? I told Eduardo I am willing to go with him to traffic court if he fights this & hope he does. The new garage doors are blinding white for now but will be painted to match the house and then have false hinges & handles added so they will look like the old fashioned carriage house doors.

No comments: