Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shaping the Site






Sunday Lynna & I finalized our plans for the East side of the property. There was quite a slope, but we had a landscape plan and saw a few changes that would improve things. Monday Logan returned and spent the morning moving the piles of dirt and carving out a pathway East of the daylight basement. Lynna kept scraping floors and I did some tractor work then smoothed & oiled cabinets. I went out early today with the dogs and saw our house glowing in the sunrise. It was quite a contrast to the pictures I took later this morning. Today was supposed to be cloudy with rain showers all day but we only received a few brief, drizzly periods which barely moistened our dry soil. I did some more tractor work, moving the big rocks Lynna wanted for landscaping and shaping the area around the catch basin. I brought some large rock down & spread it so the basin surround was back the way it looked before. I did cabinet finishing the rest of the morning and Lynna cleaned more plaster muck off the floors. The crew from Knez Construction arrived around 10:00 AM and blew insulation in the attic.