Thursday, October 16, 2008






Nothing much happened this week. I'm still laying flooring in the Master Bedroom. I took a few pictures as I made progress.


We went in to Salem over the weekend to shop for tile to put in the entry and Master Bath shower. Lynna found some she liked, so we bought it. Our neighbor John referred a tile setter he knows and Lynna likes his estimate for the work. I was glad to find someone so reasonable.


Tuesday I had scheduled an inspection to get a paper confirmation that we satisfied the fire hydrant requirement. We were working all day, me inside and Lynna outside. It appeared no one showed up. I called Wednesday and spoke with one of their inspectors who told me the computer showed the hydrant was approved, so I arranged to have a copy of the inspection form mailed out.(we are required to keep a container on site with the permit, approved plans and copies of all signed inspections sheets. the inspectors always put our copies inside if we aren't around when they come) Later, when we were leaving for the day, Lynna noticed a piece of yellow paper stuck into the door handle of our travel trailer. Yes, it was the missing inspection form. This was important because each inspection automatically extends our permit expiration date by 6 months and we hadn't had an inspection since early July. Now we are good through April 14, 2009.


Yesterday I broke for a few hours and put down the sub-floor for the tiled entries. The contractor stopped by late to let me know they will stop by tonight to begin the project. I will have to stop by Freres Lumber & pickup the supplies he needs.

No comments: