Tuesday, October 28, 2008
















Sunday after church we ran some errands and stopped by Color Tile to pick up some grout sealer. I was chatting with the sales manager and mentioned I was looking for a good buy on some laminate flooring for our bonus room since we only have enough of the 1" Maple for most of the main floor. He showed me some closeout "Prairie Maple" that goes well with our flooring & offered it for $1.09 a square foot with underlayment at $ .15 a sq ft. We bought all he had (620 sq ft), & it is enough for the Bonus Room with its bathroom plus at least one of the West Bedrooms. Late Sunday afternoon, I did a few hours of tractor work moving fill dirt to make a berm along the West side of our property, then Lynna raked it smooth & started digging holes for our street trees. It was hard work for both of us.
Yesterday & today I worked at laying the Living Room floor & spent my break times loading our large, potted "Street Trees" into the tractor's bucket, tying them down, then hauling them up from the rental's back yard & unloading them by the holes Lynna dug. Some were root bound & stuck in their pots so I was called to pry them out & lift them up into their holes for Lynna to plant. We have four of the five required trees planted now and I get to do the last one after the cement work by the deck is complete. Before dinner, I got out the white paint & painted the galvanized handles on the bottom of our garage doors so they would blend in. This was bugging me for some time & they look much better now.

No comments: