Tuesday, December 2, 2008







I finished one of the West bedrooms yesterday, then moved to the Kitchen where I cut some more sheetrock out & put in the blocking so the plumber can move the pot filler when he returns. We quit early in order to take Peaches by the vet for a rabies shot, then dropped her off at the kennel for a week of boarding & training while I recover from my surgery.

Spaced out when I got up this morning: I was fasting for my surgery but thought water would be O.K. (I wasn't given a pre-surgery instruction sheet, surgeon just rattled off something about fasting after 8 PM evening before surgery) I drank a couple cups of water from 5:30 AM until we left for Kaiser at 8 AM, so I failed the O.R. Nurse's questioning. She called in the anesthesiologist & my surgeon to decide what to do. At first it sounded as if I would just need my surgery done at 10:00 AM instead of 9:30 AM but they decided it would be safer to reschedule for January 6, 2009. We headed home but stopped at Western Tool where I bought another 10,000 flooring staples, then we picked up Peaches at the kennel. I was starving, so we got some breakfast at Karls Jr.

No comments: