Thursday, December 4, 2008











Yesterday I finished up the West hallway then spent quite a while removing all the flooring "culls" I had piled in the remaining bedroom. These were pieces of Maple that were defective in some way, like being 2" wide instead of 2 1/4" or they were damaged during removal from the gym floor, heavily warped, had irregular holes with plugs showing etc. There were about 75 sq ft of them & they didn't take up so much room once neatly stacked in the garage.
I vacuumed the floor, chalked a line, then got a few rows down before quitting early to attend a Christmas program at my grand daughter's middle school. She played the violin & sang. It was quite a good production.
I needed only a few thousand staples to finish but had to buy 10,000 as that was the smallest lot they had. When I opened the box, I found 3 packs of 3,330 so the left overs should be easy to sell on e-Bay when I sell the stapler.
Our siding crew used these 5" x 8" steel inserts for joint flashing behind the beveled siding butted end joints. Supposed to be better than caulking the gaps.(it will take a lot of years to find out) I found a big stack during the clean up but I have already done the leftover siding return for credit. They make great wood scrapers for finishing, so I gave most of them to Jeremy but kept these for myself.

No comments: