Friday, December 19, 2008
















We had about an inch of snow overnight and perhaps another inch during the morning but it warmed up by mid-day & tonight there isn't much snow left. Our plumbers were a no show. Today the crew sanded the whole floor with 100 grit and then went over it with a rotary floor polisher. They are coming back tomorrow to vacuum & buff in the first coat of finish, so we continue to run the heat day & night to keep everything stabilized and dry. They want me to shut down both stoves at 8:00 AM Saturday morning & move them outside while they sand & buff the floor where they stood, then bring them back inside, hook everything up & get them going again.

I put another coat of spar varnish on the stair treads, cut & installed a cover for the crawl space entry, then de-greased and assembled my tenoning jig. Western Tool had marked these jigs down as some were returned for being to tight a fit in the saw table slot, so they might not fit all saws without filing. I had several sliding miter attachments that fit my saw & could swap a bar from one if necessary. I found the jig bar was designed for a T slot, but after I removed the roller guides from the bottom of the bar, it was a near perfect fit to my slots.

No comments: