Wednesday, December 17, 2008





























The sanding crew left around 4 PM so I locked up and took some pictures. The crew has almost finished the coarse sanding, with just the wide Hallway, a couple spots in the Family Room and some edge sanding to go. They were running two of the big sanders for most of the afternoon.








When we went for our dental appointment yesterday, we made a stop at Western Tool and bought a sawdust collector for my workshop. Lynna spotted a tenoning jig on the clearance table for only $20. I had found they just marked $20 off the sale price of the tool I came for, so doesn't that mean I could get it for free? They had a scratch & dent sale in the warehouse out back with great prices on some large stationary tools but I couldn't justify anything except a nice little router table.



While the sanders worked upstairs, I spent a couple hours in the basement shop unpacking & assembling the dust collector. The router table was an assembled floor model & ready to use, so I opened the tenoning jig packaging only to find it is in pieces, covered in heavy grease and wrapped in plastic. My hands are beat up from the flooring and I have "trigger finger" on several digits, so the cleanup was put off & I spent the afternoon in our bonus room sanding the stair treads. After I get a few coats of finish on, I can install them next week.

No comments: