Tuesday, January 20, 2009






















I got the window arch tops insulated & nailed a piece of Cedar bender board up to help keep everything in place until I do the wood wrap & trim.


Lynna noticed a few small damage spots where someone dropped a tool on the small bathroom shower floor, so we had a repairman out to fix it. Steve did a great job & chatting with him afterwards, I discovered he lives in Salem, 3 houses from our son Jeremy. His daughter is best friends with our grandaughter Madeline. The next day, Lynna was cleaning the Master Bath shower pan & found another spot which could easily have been repaired had we known.




Dogs at the work site: While I was finding & cutting Cedar boards in the garage, our new "puppie" Peaches took a few nibbles from the insulation roll. I wasn't there to scold her so things escalated quickly, bite by bite. She always carries forbidden things to her favorite spot in the Family Room & that's where I found her.



Bad weather & my surgery kept us from church for a month, so it was nice to return Sunday.



Monday I felt pretty good & spent most of the day screwing down a few more deck boards. It was a bright, sunny day, 24F in the shade down at our rental, but the covered porch was much warmer and morning sun reflecting from our low "e" windows forced me to take off my wool layers right away.
I found a spot on the edge of our tray ceiling paint that needs a touch up. Its only visible from the far corner of the Dining Room but bugs me enough that I have to fix it.


Today I have a post-op appointment in the morning which we will combine with shopping in Salem, then a State boiler inspector is coming in the afternoon to check our installation.

No comments: