Friday, January 23, 2009




Today I did a test of Daly's floor finish on the pantry floor. It was the tung oil product we used on our oak floors in Olympia and we liked the easy upkeep. Traffic wear & scratches can be touched up without removing the old finish & the touched up area blends with the old finish, so it doesn't show. We liked the Pal Oil finish on our Maple floors but it is a bit to flat & has no shine. I called Daly's about using it for a finish coat. They thought it would apply right over the Pal Oil with no problems but suggested I test in small area. It doesn't show well in the picture but we like the look. It applied with no problems and was easy to get even coverage. It deepens the tone that the Pal Oil gave to the maple & it appears there will be a semi-gloss finish when it is fully dried.


Next I put down some laminate flooring on the landing at the top of the Bonus Room stairway.


Lynna found & collected all the shelves for her cupboard and only a few had their oil finish, so I started to put finish on the rest. I completed all the kitchen shelving & will do the Laundry Room and bathroom vanity shelves tomorrow. If we pick up the glass cupboard doors tomorrow, I can hang them in the afternoon. The counter top cabinet doors swing upwards & lynna decided to put handles on them. They are taped into place for a trial fit & when she gives the go ahead, I'll make a template to drill & mount them.


Mike, our electrician came by around 6 PM and dropped off the replacement air switch for the jetted tub, so I can work on that tomorrow also.

No comments: