Thursday, January 1, 2009











I worked on the deck yesterday but soon had to stop & re-stack the lumber onto the completed section. It was really nasty out today, with lots of wind driven rain. At first, the wind direction changed several times & our covererd porch gave good shelter from the North East & North West which made for comfortable working conditions, but then the main storm arrived, & it settled in to a South West soaker which hosed half the porch. I tried to use the wood that was already wet in the area exposed to the rain and saved the dry stack for the remaining sheltered area. The wet & heavy boards slowed me down some, but I made progress & the finished area is looking good. These cedar boards were milled to a full 2"X6" and it takes almost a 9" cut to get a 45* angle, which is the limit on my 12" mitre saw. Lynna worked inside cleaning bathrooms & vacuuming the floor. Both dogs kept watch from the french doors.

No comments: