Thursday, January 8, 2009


I'm making a quick recovery from my surgery but not allowed to do any heavy lifting for the next two weeks, so this morning I worked at getting our boiler operational. First I installed & wired the spill switch and the circulator pump, then connected the hot water maker thermostat to the boiler control module. Next I filled & bled the boiler, opened the gas valve & turned on the power. When I turned up the thermostat, the boiler ran through its start program, then shut down without lighting. There were several blinking red lights on the control module. This was because the air in the gas line hadn't completely purged out. I turned the breaker off, waited a minute then powered up again and the boiler lit right off and began making hot water.


In the afternoon, Lynna drove me to Freres Lumber and I bought some hardware and a hand rail for the stairway to our bonus room.

No comments: