Tuesday, January 6, 2009
















The plumber worked on our boiler all day yesterday. He had only done light repair work on a boiler about 6 years ago, but with my knowledge from earlier installations and his plumbing ability, we got all the new safety devices installed along with all the normal boiler fittings that the supply house sold me with the boiler. He only needs a few more fittings to complete the job.
I worked on the deck yesterday but didn't get finished. I had surgery scheduled for 9 AM today so when I cleaned up, I laid decking & scraps of plywood on the open areas of the deck framing so we have a safe surface until I can work again. I will post pictures later.
(5PM) The surgery went well and afterwards they gave me a local anesthetic plus pills, so I feel no pain & life is good. We checked Peaches in to a kennel for a week of boarding plus daily training & Lynna is taking Sunny out until I can manage again.
When we got home we found our landlord's father had come with a helper & cleared away the downed tree. They hauled off all of the brush, cut the main trunk into rounds for firewood & somehow raised the stump & remaining trunk back upright again. (later found out the tree righted itself when Wendell had cut about half the trunk into rounds. Wendell came back a day later & cut the rest of the trunk into rounds)

No comments: